Improvement

Tonight was better. 7ish out of 10. That concludes a rather underwhelming triptych of blogs solely devoted to marking my own work. It was really all I could talk about though; this new show has consumed so much of my time and thought. Now
perhaps we are taking small steps towards the goal. Thanks
to anyone who came tonight and might be looking at this. You liked it a lot more than the other audiences. But then, it WAS better. Phew.

1. Patrick says:

Also today, for those who missed it, the iPod challenge was completed! And the person above me in these comments will post the pictures that were taken, because I can’t find them.

2. Alex says:

Oi Watson, I liked it. Not sure my comment from yesterday worked so I’ll just quickly reiterate here: Material was good, just a shame you didn’t get to do the other stuff. I wanted to say so afterwards but you were just so in demand. Thanks again for last night, you’re a star. (If my comment yesterday did come through and I just can’t see it then sorry for repeating myself). Glad it’s going better. Keep going!

Fab… glad alls going well!Jx
    ps me and audience night one liked it too! :)

4. Beth says:

I was there, and I think 7/10 is the absolute minimum you should give yourself. I HUGELY enjoyed it and am definitely looking forward to seeing the full shebang next year. I just wish I’d not been so shy that I didn’t bid for the shirt.

I am looking forward to the 25th very much

6. Suzanne aka Senior Watsonian says:

Don’t know if you need any more ‘interesting facts’, Mark … but just saw this on TMS …

“2011 is the first year since 1953 no new Test caps have been given by England” Topical and sport related too!!! What more could anyone ask???

Sure your new show will score more as you tweak and settle into the routine … Remember, experience gained = confidence grown = scores increased!!! Famous saying I just invented!!! Doubt it will catch on but you know what I mean! x

Yay :)

And we told you so.

I’m so pleased that you felt your show got better. Well done on what sounds like a very well-deserved 7/10. :-)

Mark Watson – Optimist.

10. Jonathan says:

Mark,

I would give you 7.5 (at least) out of 10 for last night. From the elevated balcony view that I had it was clearly more than a 7.

I wish I had bid more for the t-shirt. I give myself 5/10 for bidding. Need to improve. Trying to remember the t-shirt name – is it Paul Hammond?

11. Josie says:

Wheyy! Congrats on the self-improvement.

12. Lizzy says:

Hello. Just got back from my first ever Fringe, so been away a week without much internet and had to catch up. Luckily for me didn’t take long :]. I came to your show on the 19th but enjoyed myself a lot despite your harsh self-rating. I’m afraid I’m not a loud laugher, but I smiled a lot. And was in the front row. I liked the grey striped t-shirt. (Hey, why not say? I’m definitely not a weirdo.)
    I did get the e-mail beforehand but didn’t want to put my hand up. But my trivia was going to be… (and obviously didn’t comment here the other day because I was busy shouting at my phone for being TOO SLOW)… that it doesn’t damage your eyes to look into the sun.
    I heard Dr. David Booth on Great Unanswered Questions (Excellent, excellent Irish show. Better, original version of Rhod Gilbert’s recent one.) Anyway, I like this fact because it surprised me so I’ve retold it to a few people who then haven’t believed me. BUT IT WAS ON THE TELLY. So it’s true. And it was said by a doctor. So it is irrefutable. Especially Dr. Booth. He wouldn’t lie.
    Anyway, apparently they gave this girl (I’m writing from memory here. I could look it up…) loads of speed so her eyes dilated a lot and then told her to stare into the sun for quite a while, and then examined them afterwards and saw she had sun spots or something, but they weren’t permanent. So let’s all go stare right at the sun!
    I mean, I could have dreamt the whole thing, I suppose. I should wikipedia it, but I think it would be sensible to just take it as writ without checking. (If that’s the right phrase.)
    Anyway again, well done for self-improvement. I’m sure you are by now at full marks but if it helps you to be hard on yourself in terms of creative results, fair enough. But don’t be too hard. Realise your brilliance – in more ways that one. CHEESE

(Okay, I did just google this before I click submit and everything says that staring at the sun will definitely damage your eyes. And I can’t find any reference to GUQ. So…….. I think the only way to check the ‘fact”s veracity is to repeat the half-remembered potentially imagined extremely dangerous practical experiment myself! I’ll get back to you. Hello!)

13. Lizzy says:

Just for the record, I got a tweet back from Dr. David Booth himself saying:
    ‘Very true. Not dangerous under most conditions. Very dangerous with magnifying glasses or after low light conditions.’
    So I didn’t make it up! Anyway, I’ll just leave it over here for next time you need a fact. You’re welcome. :)