Mark Watson Talks A Bit About Life - Radio 4Flaws Mark Watson Tour 2014Hotel Alpha - the new novel by Mark Watson

Blog birthday eve

There’s that sense of anticipation in the air, isn’t there. Maybe it’s a little bit difficult to sleep. Tomorrow is a big day. We celebrate our first anniversary together. 365 consecutive blogs. Or 366. Hmm. Anyway, a year of blogs. Perhaps fittingly, this is a late post, but not to try and build the suspense. It’s just I’ve been hosting the Mortgage Strategy Awards 2011. There were twenty three categories. I shouted the names of the top three in each category so in total I read 69 winners out. No one really listened, but they were all happy enough. No one really watched the fire eater who was laid on for entertainment, either. But hey. Job done.

Normal post tomorrow. Day after, we’ll put up the cakes/thoughts.

I was about to thank you emotionally for getting us to this stage, but let’s wait till tomorrow and make sure we’re over the finish line.

Tick-tock! Nearly there…

I think I need someone to hold me gently til tomorrow night.

2. Cat says:

Only 9 mnore of these to go ;) I’d stay with you if there were 50! :)

3. Cat says:

more*!
    Your late blogs have always been the next day for me anyway :P

4. Sam says:

I’ve not commented in a while. I felt I might as well tonight. It’s hard to think it’s been a year already. It was this time last year I had my first ever stand-up gig, now I’m gigging semi-regularly, soon to be MCing a regular night, and entering competitions. I wouldn’t be were this blog not here. I feel you owe the comedy-going audiences of Britain some kind of apology Mr Watson.

5. h2osarah says:

It really doesn’t seem like a whole year. This time last year I was taking embryology class and spent the whole time being worried about Kit. But a year on, the class is a distant memory and Kit’s a healthy boy. Crazy isn’t it?

6. Alex says:

Eeeeee! (That was an excited squeal).

7. LB says:

I feel quietly chuffed that I am coming to see you in Chesterfield on this happy occasion. I can’t think of a more *slightly underwhelming, but essentially very nice* location to celebrate in. Well done anyway on 12 whole months. That is flippin’ impressive when you stop to think about it.

8. Someone says:

I made a cake! But I’m afraid it was awful. So no picture. Too ashamed.
    I have access to a Morrison’s cookie, though, and will gladly eat it in this blog’s honour. (Past tense may be appropriate here)

9. Suzanne, aka Senior says:

WOW! That’s some achievement … well done, Watson!!!

I feel a bit of a cheat as I joined part way through this momentous year BUT I hope to be with you all the way to the 10th!!!

It’s been great, not only following your daily thoughts, adventures and occasional crises but also watching how the Watson regulars are enjoying (or otherwise!)life from around the globe!!!

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY, BLOG!!!

10. Beth (Bloomability) says:

Happy first birthday, blog!
    A whole year with no blogless day!
    It doesn’t quite seem like a whole year though…

11. Amy B says:

I quite like the thought that I’ve read 365 of these, in chronological order. And I’m quite looking forward to reading 3287 more. That’s my nerdy way of saying hooray and congratulations! I baked cake and everything. And I’ll be eating an extra big piece tomorrow to celebrate. You’d better not be too late tomorrow or I may have some kind of panic attack.

12. Hannah says:

Cake! I forgot about cake. We have no cake mix. We have muffin mix. I shall make a cake of muffins. It is decided. Cake of muffins for celebrations. Yes.

13. Juliet says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOG!!! Ohhh this is so exciting. I’ve already sent a message to the address you’ve posted, but I just wanted to thank everyone for making this such a fun experience! 9 more to go!!

14. Megan says:

Peanut-banana cupcakes with chocolate icing made. What a hardship. :)

15. Mortgage Strategy Awards ?! oh, sorry I meant Happy Blogiversary! (did I spell that right?) Catch you on here later no doubt x

Happy Blogiversary everyone! I had intended to write a proper message but all my time keeps getting stolen so this will have to do for now.

I have had a far more exciting year than I had expected, and lots of that has been due to the blog and TYSIC. Even at the moment, when things are largely shit and stressful, it’s been great to have people to share my anxiety with. I’m also very nosy, so to have the chance to know exactly what someone is doing every day has been a pleasure.

I may have to make some cakes today anyway as we don’t have enough money to buy food (we ate so many biscuits this week) so let’s pretend I’m doing especially for the birthday. :-)

why is the day before called ‘eve’? I still can’t quite get my head around the fact that it has been a year, without any breaks. Well Done Mr Watson!

18. Beth says:

Happy Blogday!

I started baking a cake, but then disaster struck. Now there is no cake, but I do have an absolutely hideous burn on my hand, so I could submit that instead?

Maybe not.

Anyway, many congratulations on a whole year of blogging, it’s all quite exciting isn’t it?

19. Ally says:

:D One whole year!

Happy birthday, blog. It’s so amazing that you managed a whole year without missing any. Well done x

Hooooooray!!Happy Blogday!!!Jx