Sabotage!

I wrote one. It didn’t post. There is something wrong with the WordPress app on my phone. It claims to have posted things, but hasn’t. I was nearly caught out by it last week, too. I tried two emergency bloggers but they weren’t able to get into my account. The people who run WordPress are TRYING TO STOP ME FROM COMPLETING THIS EVERY DAY FOR TEN YEARS. But they have failed again. I think. I don’t know if even this will work. Please let it work.

1. Sarah says:

It worked!! Thank goodness :-) what’s the matter with WordPress?! Don’t they realise how important it is that your blogs get posted?!

2. Katie says:

Bloody WordPress. We’ll be having words.

3. Zoe Fell says:

WordPress? BOO. BOO. BOO.

But hurrah for completing today’s entry, regardless.

Eventually the combined power of Watsonia will be able to overcome technological difficulties.

5. Mariam says:

It’s worked! I think we’re all shaking our collective fist at the WordPress people, though.

6. ChrisP says:

Still playing the title reference game? Beastie Boys?

I saw B+ appear up there a while ago. I believe you.

And ALWAYS back up your work! Email it to yourself/one of us or something! Just in case.

7. Tibbs says:

Technology is obviously gaining sentience and turning against us! Glad to see you were able to thwart their evil machinations, for now at least!

8. Michael King says:

I suspect it was your Internet connection that was at fault, rather than the WordPress app. Mobile Internet is still very naff, regrettably. But this worked! So all is good. :D

9. Natalie-Helen says:

A collective sigh of relief to go with the collective fist shaking I think.

Glad to see it up!

^_^

10. Beth says:

Phew.

And WordPress is clearly evil.

Night. x

11. Alex says:

Possibly my favourite blog title to date. Just thought I’d let you know.

Glad to see it post, i say we MARCH ON WORDPRESS HQ

13. Suzanne says:

I was panicking on your/our behalf at 11.47 pm but then … phew … relief all round!

May I suggest you always post one at 00.01 am … as a kind of tease and a promise of more to come … that way the mysterious gremlins will always be thwarted (what a wonderful word!)!!!

But no, that’s a silly suggestion … you thrive on nail-biting, cliff hanging adrenaline, don’t you???

I wagged my finger at WordPress and said NO very forcefully … so that’s got them sorted …!

I do hope you’ll be able to resend a report on the premiere of MW-KO and that you can also accommodate my adjusted ticket request … pretty please … No worries if it’s just not possible … but keeping my fingers crossed … ;D

Anyway, very well done for getting the first one under your belt … I said “belt” quite quietly as I can’t tell where it is at the moment!!!

Sure you’ll sleep better tonight …

14. Jack says:

I can see the headline: WordPress Stress puts mark watson in a mess

15. Phill says:

I think there is a way you can email posts to an address which WordPress will automatically publish from. That might actually be a bit more reliable than using the WordPress app?

I don’t know really, I have the mobile (Android) version of the WordPress app and haven’t found it massively reliable so far!

16. Tracey says:

Hi Mark. Technology is sadly, not one of my strong points. PC World even had a giggle at our expense earlier this year when they were fixing our pc! Hope there’s no more suspected sabotage. Tracey x

17. Depraviato says:

So shocked was I by this near-miss and so bewildered by Tibbs’ suggestion that technology, after becoming sentient, wouldn’t be as big a fan of Mark as any one of us, that I had to write a short piece. Please understand that I’m very upset but I’m not accusing Mark of lies. I’m simply giving an alternative explanation.

May I be bold and suggest
    that despite Mark’s protest
    Wordpress would’ve published at his behest
    his blog with all its usual zest

What actually transpired
    because Mark was overly tired
    is that his brain’s perception of reality misfired
    convincing him of the day’s blog he had sired

We urge you Mark to get some kip
    so that in your endeavours you will not slip
    and thus our throats and wrists we need not slit
    when deprived of our daily Watson hit

18. Suzy says:

Phew glad you got the blog up on time. I’m becoming less of a fan of WordPress myself after leaving a long comment for the first time ever the other day and it’s completely vanished into the ether. Wish I could remember what I said – it might have been something good :-/

19. Ingrid says:

Glad you got one up! :) is your Dundee show cancelled?

20. Aislinn says:

I think anyone who has seen your show will have just BOOOOED at WordPress.

bloody technology, there’s always something isn’t there? We should all go back to living in dark caves. Except I’m taking my snuggie because I bet it’ll be cold.